I thought I’d do something different this week as I don’t have many books to review because I have been reading the 1 book for a whole week! Seriously this is a long time for me.
10 things I do as a book buying addict
1. Constantly adding new books onto my wish list on Amazon/book depository etc and buying them slowly to make a dint in them.
2. Owning multiple copies of books that I love (e-books, audiobooks, hardcover, paperback and special addition)
I have all my favorites either in Paperback & Hardcover OR ebook and Hardcover!
3. Leave my wallet at home when going to the bookstore
This doesn’t mean I don’t buy anything, just that I take some cash so I can’t buy too many things!
4. Grab 5+ books and then slowly break up with them as I get closer to the register and realise I’m only allowing myself to buy 3
5. When people ask why I have so many books when they see my bookshelves
To read? why do you have so many movies? Do people realise how strange this question is?
6. The ultimate question: Why don’t you just borrow them from the library?
I do borrow books from the library but owning the book is different, I get to find a spot for it on my shelves and look at it whenever I want.
*sidenote Why don’t you just rent movies? No you may want to watch them again and again and I may want to read it again and again.
7. Own books I have no plans to read
Don’t lie we’ve all bought books just because they were cheap and sounded okay but we’re probably never going to get around to them. Who knows one day I may read them….
8. Making the hardest decision of your life:
9. When someone asks what my favorite books are, the reaction is generally something like this:
10. Never realizing how many books you own until you get a new bookshelf or move houses!
I’m well and truly an addict and I don’t see myself seeking help anytime soon! Have a fantastic weekend my bibliophile and book addict friends!