The Lovely Lauren from Wonderlessreviews and the equally awesome Louise from Geniereads both tagged me for the Blogger Recognition award a while ago. Thank you so much guys, I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to complete this *drowns under all my drafts*
Okay so rules:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to.
How my blog started
*Cue ominous music and dim the lights* One cold night there was a Casey at home reading alone, wondering where are all my fellow fangirls at?
No but seriously my blog started from Goodreads and writing reviews on there. I only joined Goodreads last year in June and I started to write and read reviews. I just enjoyed it so much. From there I went on to create a bookstgram which I LOVE.
The bookstagram community welcomed me with open arms and unlimited book recommendations. After making a heap of friends on there and yelling about all the books I loved I decided to investigate a blog so I could yell about books with even MORE people. So first I started a Blogger site, completely confused myself and decided to try wordpress instead.
I found WordPress easier to format and navigate and wouldn’t think of changing platforms at this point in time. From there its history I guess, I wrote reviews, I met a lot of fantastic friends and this blog has really bettered my life.
I’ve met Authors, spoken with publishes, interview book boxes, reviewed horrible books, reviewed amazing pieces of art, ranted and raved with people from all around the world and I just love everyone. If I could send you all books I would, and hey maybe I’ll win the lottery and do it one day.
My two pieces of Advice would be this:
Advice number one:
Do your best to create a schedule for posting and keep up to date with your reviews. I am still flailing around the place because I have no schedual and post whatever whenever BUT I am trying harder to get my reviews up in time and not do tagged posts to late *cough* this is 3 months late *cough*
Believe me those with schedules have a much easier time then the rest of us who are just flailing and drowning under all the social media.
Advice number two:
Have fun! Yes I sound like a sports mum now, I know, I know. Seriously though enjoy it, if blogging starts getting stressful or you really don’t want to review something then just DON’T do it. I read a lot more books than I review just because I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself. I have a full-time job, a Blog, a goodreads, a Bookstagram, a Twitter account, a sort of social life and sometimes it’s just to much to post about every book and thought I had so I just skip some and keep my sanity, I suggest you do the same because you can get burnt out and that’s not what readings for it’s for fun, it’s a hobby, enjoy it.
Some other mini tid bits I wish I new
- If you’re linking to someones blog link to their about page NOT their homepage, they won’t get a notification if you link to the home page
- Stats aren’t important, whats important is having conversations with people
- Spam comments get you no where fast
- Twitter is fantastic for staying up to date with your fellow bloggers and I wish I started an account earlier then I did
- Don’t be fancy, write however you want and your ‘voice’ will come out
- Don’t apologise for not posting for a week or not its your blog, just do you
- Play around with your design as much as you like until your happy with the way it looks
- Read all the books and chat with all the people and share all the Gifs
So that was my Advice and start story! If you’ve been blogging for a while leave a comment about what you wish you knew before you started blogging and hopefully people can learn even more from the comments!
I tag these amazing humans:
- Rabid Reads
- Cover 2 Cover Mom
- Upside Down Books
- The Misstery
- Twin Tales
- Chic Nerd Reads
- Death By Tsundoku
- Hit or Miss Books
- River Moose Books
If you’ve already done this award let me know so I can check it out 😀