So I am joining not only the Tome Topple but The Reading Quest challenge, basically it’s like bingo but with points and you can win prizes, check out Aentee’s post of you haven’t already as she explains it better than I ever could. This readathon runs between Sunday 13th August to Sunday 10th September, 2017 yep 28 whole days of epic reading challenges and hopefully epic books.
I’ll be attempting not one, not two, BUT three lines. Yes I have lost my mind, please excuse me while I try to balance, work, social thingies, writing, the tome topple AND all these books. I really want to give my all in this challenge so I can make a huge dint in my to be read pile so here goes nothing:
What I’m reading:
- The First book of a series: Leviathan wakes by James S.A. Corey (579 Pages)
- A Book with a verb in its title: Doctor sleep by Stephen King (486 pages)
- A Book with a weapon on its cover: Morning Star by Pierce Brown (524 pages)
- A book with a red cover: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (517 pages)
- A book that has a TV/Movie adaptation: The Duff by Kodi Keplinger (300 pages)
- A book with a one word title: It by Stephen King (1478 pages)
- A Book that contains Magic: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (613 pages)
- A book based on mythology: American Gods by Neil Gaiman (541 pages)
- A book set in a different world: Golden Son by Pierce Brown (430 pages)
- The First book of a series: Leviathan wakes by James S.A. Corey (REPEAT)
- Potions: A Book concocted by 2+ authors: This shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner (400 pages)
- Multiplayer: Buddy read a book: Between two thorns by Emma Newman (384)
- Grind: A Book with 500+ pages: The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch (643 pages)
A Random Bard square just so I can complete the full line:
- A Fairy Tale Retelling: Devoured by Amanda Marrone (304 pages)
That is 13 books totaling 7000+ pages in 28 days, meaning I’ll have to average 260 pages a day to read ALL of these books and I think that may be doable? I mean If I manage to read a full book in one day I’ll already be ahead, at least that’s what I’m telling myself. I plan on tweeting all my reading updates so follow me there if you’re not already 🙂
I did work out my points but as I may finish some of these books before the readathon even starts (While I’m doing the tome topple) I will wrap it all up at the end and see how many I get read during the Reading Quest.
Are you joining in? What are you reading? What path are you taking? Are any of these books on your TBR too?
How amazing is Aentee for setting this up and CW for creating such amazing art! I just love the reading community so much and I’m so happy we have awesomely talented people who work so hard to put things like this together ❤